Months ago, I had the idea that I’d make a baby blanket with the S loom I have (the inaugural knit for the S loom) for Jamie’s boss. His boss found out she was pregnant and I decided, when we’re done with the whole wedding thing, I’d work on a baby blanket for her. I had this adorable baby yarn (seriously, it’s toted as “baby yarn,” probably due to its softness) that I had managed to snag for $1. I thought it’d be best to use the S loom instead of one of my long looms because then I wouldn’t have to worry about running out of yarn (while it was one of the Giant Skeins of yarn, I only had one roll)
But, of course, working for Store, I was regulated to working 50+ hours a week with one day off if I was lucky and constantly getting overtime because…some of my (former!) immediate coworkers don’t understand the concept of coming in on time. I had managed to get into that rut of get up, get ready for work, go to work, come home, maybe eat, go to sleep. I really hated it.
Then I quit my job and Jamie told me when his boss would be back at work, so I made sure that I finished this sucker up so she could get it on her first day back (huzzah!). I didn’t do any sort of edging, because I figured I didn’t have the time (I had just finished it the Friday before she came back), so it rolls. I think it works. It’s weird, it’s different, and it works.
Online, it says that a baby blanket is supposed to be 30×30. This turned out to be like 32×36. A little off (but not bad for guesswork on the length!).
Jamie’s boss loves it and I’m glad. I had gotten to the point where I thought everything looked like crap.